Corporate Partnerships Assistant
Owned by the City of New York and operated in partnership with NYC Parks, the High Line works with its communities, neighborhoods, and city to reimagine public space. We raise nearly 100% of our annual budget for programming, maintenance, and operations.
Through excellence in operations, stewardship, innovative programming, and world-class design, we seek to engage the vibrant and diverse community on and around the High Line, and to raise the essential private funding to help complete our construction and create an endowment for our future operations.
Reporting to the director of corporate partnerships and venue sales, this position is part of a four-person team within the High Line’s Development department. The Corporate Partnerships and Venue Sales team is responsible for securing and executing a high volume of revenue-generating corporate partnerships, private and public-facing venue rentals, and film and photo shoots, with an emphasis on collaborating with companies, brands, and real estate developers in the High Line neighborhood.
The corporate partnerships assistant is a new position responsible for all administrative tasks for the Corporate Partnerships and Venue Sales team. The role supports all activities of the team in order to keep its work organized, efficient, and timely. The assistant supports the director in portfolio management and works closely with the two managers on communications and administrative projects.
The assistant’s time will be divided between corporate partnerships (approximately 80% of time), venue sales (approximately 15% of time), and other department initiatives (approximately 5% of time).
This is a full-time, year-round, non-exempt position.
- Update and maintain the corporate pipeline in Raiser’s Edge, including proposals, correspondence, action items, research notes, attributes, relationships, contacts, and recognition preferences
- Assist the director with managing action items for each prospect in the corporate pipeline; monitor open actions and prompt the director to ensure their timely completion
- Liaise with the database administrator to produce queries, exports, and lists from Raiser’s Edge
- Prepare invoices, gift-routing paperwork, and acknowledgment letters for corporate contributions, film and photo shoot contributions, and venue rental payments
- Assist the director and managers with the preparation of proposals, reports, presentations, briefings, and prospect research
- Track media coverage of the High Line’s existing corporate partners; follow headlines and industry trends to identify new corporate prospects for the High Line
- Assist with updating and maintaining the team’s recognition tracking system, and with internal and external routings and approvals
- Assist with content updates in external-facing materials, including the venues deck, corporate support webpage, and corporate partnerships brochure
- Schedule internal and external phone calls, meetings, and site visits
- Source and order supplies, including supplies for corporate volunteer shifts
- Assist with other administrative duties and high-priority department initiatives as needed, including large-scale mailings, database maintenance, gift processing, and staffing for corporate volunteer shifts, venue rentals, fundraising events, and donor cultivation and stewardship activities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong time management and organizational abilities
- Must be highly detail-oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be comfortable interacting with High Line staff, corporate contacts, event clients, and donors via email and phone, and in person
- Strong listening skills, including the ability to take direction and produce thorough and accurate work
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to professionally and thoughtfully assist others
- High level of computer literacy, including experience with Google platforms and Microsoft Office, including Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours and occasional weekends as needed
- Two or more years of relevant work experience
- Press, marketing, and/or professional social media experience
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and LexisNexis, or similar databases
- Experience working at New York City public parks and/or cultural institutions
- Comfortable working in and ability to move about outdoor spaces on the High Line
- 20 vacation days, 6 sick days, and 9 paid holidays
- Paid primary and secondary caregiver leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Supplemental short-term disability insurance and paid life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Contribution in a 403(b) retirement plan
- Discounted Citi Bike membership
- Discount on High Line merchandise
- Employee Assistance Program