Seasonal Retail Key Holder
Owned by the City of New York, the High Line is programmed, maintained, and operated by Friends of the High Line, in partnership with the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation. We raise nearly 100% of the High Line’s annual budget.
Through excellence in operations, stewardship, innovative programming, and world-class design, we seek to engage the vibrant and diverse community on and around the High Line, and to raise the essential private funding to help complete the High Line’s construction and create an endowment for its future operations.
Seasonal retail key holders help ensure all High Line Shop policies, procedures, and controls are followed. This role will assist in supervising retail associates, setting the example for membership, merchandise sales and act as an ambassador to park visitors.
This is a full-time, nonexempt, temporary position that requires working outdoors in the park from April-November; work schedules include weekends and holidays.
Sales and Memberships
● Greet customers in a friendly, welcoming manner
● Motivate team to meet and exceed membership and sales goals
● Identify customer needs and offer appropriate recommendations
● Prioritize customer satisfaction and overall positive experience on the High Line
● Open and close shops in accordance to Retail procedure
● Accurately reconcile cash registers shop
● Perform necessary daily cash deposits in accordance to Retail procedures
● Ensure that all shop inventory is fully stocked; maintain housekeeping and visual Merchandising Standards
● Safeguard the shop’s inventory in accordance to the FHL’s loss prevention policies
● Provide timely and constructive feedback to associates, when appropriate
● Communicate with the assistant store manager and senior key holder to resolve any issues or problems that may arise
● Must have a positive, high-energy, friendly, outgoing and engaging personality
● Previous sales experience with cash handling
● Previous supervisory experience
● Extensive customer service and cash handling experience
● Enjoys interacting with the public; excellent interpersonal/communications skills
● Consistent weekend availability from April-November
● Passion for sustainability, local history, public art, architecture, and/or horticulture
Candidates must be able to
● Work outdoors in both warm and cool temperatures
● Lift up to 35 pounds
● Move about the store, talk with customers, reach, stoop, crouch and climb ladders and be present at the counter for the majority of the shift
- Medical benefits (for full time)
- Paid sick time
- Discount on High Line merchandise
- Employee Assistance Program
- Individuals can contribute into a 403(b) retirement plan (no organizational contribution or matching)