Friends of the High Line raises 98% of the High Line's annual budget. Owned by the City of New York, the High Line is a public park maintained, operated, and programmed by Friends of the High Line, in partnership with the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation.
The Ranger Supervisor is a full-time, year-round employee of Friends of the High Line (FHL). This is a hands-on role, requiring daily work outdoors, in all weather conditions. Reporting to the Park Services Manager, the Ranger Supervisor acts as the primary point person for the team of part-time rangers, and shares the responsibility of acting as point-person of the entire park with the Custodial Manager and Custodial Supervisor. This is a park based position.
- Lead a staff of part-time rangers, assigning tasks, scheduling breaks, and collecting data.
- Inspect all park facilities and property areas daily, identify and troubleshoot problems, liaise with appropriate personnel to achieve resolution;
- Lead snow and ice removal during the winter season;
- Supervise opening and/or closing the park each shift;
- Assist with special events, as needed;
- Assist with custodial tasks, as needed;
- Interact with park visitors in a professional manner;
- Work a schedule that varies to meet park needs, including weekends, nights, and holidays;
- Serve as point person, along with other Park & Visitor Services management;
- Collect and manage daily visitation data;
- Assist in coordinating volunteer-led tours;
- Coordinate volunteer greeter shifts and materials with Park Services Manager
- Supervisory duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a climate of achievement, fostering staff morale and building team spirit;
- Work alongside field personnel, orchestrating daily workflows ensuring proper and timely execution of tasks;
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures;
- Provide consistent positive and constructive feedback to staff;
- Communicate consistently, liaising between all FHL teams and departments;
- Train staff in safety procedures and protocols;
- Coordinate with third party vendors as needed.
- Administrative duties include but are not limited to:
- Participation in meetings, communicating daily with Park Services Manager;
- Scheduling of assigned teams;
- Staff feedback;
- Occasional payroll for ranger team;
- Volunteer data record keeping;
- Coordinate and manage completion of special projects.
- Sound organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility to work long hours, holidays, and weekends as necessary;
- OSHA-certified or the ability to be certified;
- Computer-literate; (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to perform heavy, physical labor on a daily basis in all weather conditions (year-round);
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.;
- Must be a team-player, willing to collaborate on any and all tasks required for maintaining the highest standard of park operations.
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Contribution in a 403(b) retirement plan
- Citi Bike membership
- Discount on High Line merchandise