Seasonal Retail Stock Associate
Owned by the City of New York, the High Line works with its communities, neighborhoods, and city to reimagine public space. We raise nearly 100% of our own annual budget for programming, maintenance, and operations, in partnership with NYC Parks.
Through excellence in operations, stewardship, innovative programming, and world-class design, we seek to engage the vibrant and diverse community on and around the High Line, and to raise the essential private funding to help complete the High Line’s construction and create an endowment for its future operations.
The seasonal retail stock associate role assists with the maintenance and restocking of the High Line shops. On a daily basis, this role proactively communicates stock levels,and ensures all shops are optimally stocked and that storage areas organized and tidy. The retail stock associate will report to the assistant store manager.
This is a part-time, temporary, non-exempt position that requires working outdoors in the park for 22.5 hours per week (3 days) from April – November; work schedules include weekends and holidays.
- Maintain the stockroom and shop storage areas, ensure products are continuously stocked
- Assist in the unloading of retail shipments and deliveries
- Receive all merchandise, physically and within point-of-sale system
- Maintain an efficient and organized stockroom
- Transfer products within shops and point-of-sale system
- Assist in annual physical count and other inventory procedures, as needed
- Safeguard the shop’s inventory in accordance to the High Line’s loss prevention policies
- Additional tasks as needed
- Minimum of one year in a retail stockroom/shipping capacity
- Must be willing to work outdoors in both hot and cold weather
- Strong verbal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work with basic computer systems and programs
- Passion for local history, public art, architecture, and/or horticulture is a plus
- Ability to perform physical tasks as needed
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Paid sick time
- Discount on High Line merchandise
- Employee Assistance Program
- Individuals can contribute into a 403(b) retirement plan (no organizational contribution or matching)