Temporary Retail Key Holder
Reporting to the Retail Supervisor, the Key Holders will supervise the High Line Shop’s Temporary Sales Associates. In partnership with the Retail Supervisor, the Key Holders will ensure all High Line Shop policies, procedures, and controls are followed. They will aid in the planning, organizing, and delegating of daily tasks among staff and set the tone for a productive and collaborative work environment. They will set the example for membership and merchandise sales and serve as an ambassador to park visitors.
This is a full-time, temporary position that requires working outdoors in a park; work schedules include weekends and holidays.
- Lead by example; must have a positive, high-energy, friendly, outgoing and engaging personality. Must be willing to take the first step to initiate contact with the customers and identify their shopping needs.
- Observe and coach associates to maximize their abilities and effectiveness.
- Set the tone for signing up new FHL members through achieved results and encouragement of associates.
- Be a quick thinker who listens to the customer and can identify their needs and overcome objections if raised.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to associates in partnership with manager/supervisor.
- Motivates team and provides direction to exceed monthly sales and membership goals.
- Prioritizes workload to maximize efficiency and minimize impact on customer experience.
- Ensure that the shops are fully stocked; maintain the organization’s housekeeping and visual merchandising standards.
- Safeguard the shops’ inventory by adhering to the FHL’s loss prevention policies.
- Opens and closes all shops following cash handling/deposits procedures.
The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and communications skills and enjoys interacting with the public. Extensive cash handling experience and customer service experience with a background in sales, promotions, and/or marketing is essential for this position. Candidates without previous supervisory experience will not be considered.
This position requires consistent weekend availability throughout the summer and fall seasons. Candidates must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be comfortable standing for the majority of their shift. Ability to walk the length of the High Line once or twice daily and to occasionally sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Please note that this is an outdoors sales job; in the event of inclement weather, shifts may be adjusted or cancelled. We have a special interest in candidates who has a passion for the High Line, sustainability, New York City history, public art, architecture, and/or horticulture.