Temporary Retail Sales Associate
Temporary Retail Associates staff FHL’s shops on the High Line. Reporting to the Retail Supervisor, Associates will serve as the primary fundraising and sales team on the High Line. Responsibilities will include selling High Line merchandise, acquiring memberships, and serving as ambassadors to park visitors.
This is a temporary position that requires working outdoors in a park; work schedules include weekends and holidays. Full-time and part-time positions are available.
- Provide extraordinary customer service and actively sell to visitors.
- Encourage park visitors to support the High Line through membership sales.
- Handle all merchandise and membership inquiries and transactions.
- Assist with the timely and efficient set-up and break down of the shops.
- Observe and advise Key Holders of low stock status; assist with daily shop restock.
- Maintain the shops’ housekeeping and visual merchandising standards.
- Safeguard the shops’ inventory by adhering to the FHL’s loss prevention policies.
- Communicate with the Retail Supervisor and Key Holders to resolve any issues or problems that may arise during each shift.
- The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and communications skills and enjoys interacting with the public.
- Extensive cash handling experience and customer service experience with a background in sales, promotions, and/or marketing is essential.
- This position requires consistent weekend availability throughout the summer and fall seasons.
- Candidates must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be comfortable standing for the majority of their shift.
- Ability to walk the length of the High Line once or twice daily and to occasionally sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Please note that this is an outdoors sales job; in the event of inclement weather, shifts may be adjusted or cancelled. We have a special interest in candidates who have a passion for the High Line, sustainability, New York City history, public art, architecture, and/or horticulture.
- Paid sick time
- Medical insurance (if working full-time hours)
- Discount on High Line merchandise
- Individual can contribute into a 403(b) retirement plan (no organizational contribution or matching)